Okay. The title of this post has nothing to do with the content of the entry. It's just that the post number reminded me of canadian pizza. mmm~
Anyway. Today was Racial Harmony Day and we got to dress up in costumes (of ethnic origin or otherwise) and we did! Hahaha. Well, some of us did anyway. My class, being our usual sporting and enthusiastic selves... Well. I guess 5 out of 24 is not bad. Ooh. I just love it when my sarcasm drips like oil when you roast a chicken wing above a barbeque pit.
Let's see. Junkwang came in an Indian shirt and jeans. The Indian shirt looks like a long-sleeved CJ shirt. Which made him look like he was in school uniform but hey!!! At least he was sporting. I might add the ONLY sporting BOY. Tsk. Boys.
Tracy and Dingaling came in Chinese costumes. Tracy in a black cheongsum top and a black skirt and Dingaling in a CJ-blue (I think it's like a whole new way of defining sky blue) cheongsum tt went to her knees. And I heard from someone that another someone had commented that she had flabby arms. Haha. Ouch.
Cheryl and I went shopping at the Upp Serangoon Salvation Army Thrift Shop on Tuesday to see if we could get any costumes. We saw some really awesome ones for young kiddos and babies but nothing really amazing for adults. Well. There was ONE. It was a Chinese-Towkay shirt - maroon with yellow-gold dragons snaking down the front of the shirt. But, it was too big for either of us. Like we're swimming in it big. Yes, even for me.
So as we were browsing, I spotted some hats. Vietnamese straw (I don't really know if they're straw) hats. And some of the old bowl-shaped hats that we see in period dramas. For only 3 dollars each! How amazing is that? Anyway. Cheryl and I decided to come as...
... FARMERS!
Lol. Yes. Farmers. Where's the racial harmony in that, you might ask. Well. The racial harmony thing comes when we're Vietnamese-Chinese farmers. Haha. Though technically, nothing about us really Viet except the hat but HEY! That's the focal point ya noe?
And here, is a picture!
Ah Beng Farmers.Hahaha. Fantastic eh? We actually dressed in ratty white cotton t-shirts, wore long pants folded till our knees and slippers with a towel around our necks. Well, Cheryl and I were rather hesitant about it at first. I mean this meant SERIOUS T.S.I.O (Thick-Skin In Operation) but hey. After Marcus came with Cheryl's "farmer pants" (His old ACS(B) pants), he nudged us into changing cause we already brought all the stuff. And we burst out laughing the moment we stepped out of the cubicles.
And we were a hoot! Everyone was so amused by it. Especially Jeremiah from t37. He exploded with laughter when he saw Cheryl and I at Bio lecture. Haha. Like how cool is that? I think this has been the best day of the year since! And I might add, boys are lucky. Pants are so much more comfortable than skirts. I think tomorrow when I go back to school, I'll miss the pants and slippers. I think we should have more racial harmony days like this. It makes so much fun for everyone.